Personal Research Project | IED Barcelona 2014
Masters in Design Management
Within our user-centric reality we have an abundance of commercial experiences at our fateful disposal. Finding something relevant to us nowadays is more challenging than finding a needle in a haystack. We are in a real-time, on-demand, see-thru Age of Now. We thrive in an eco-system built on conversation, connectivity, and above all, on community.
a graffiti artist painting a mural, or music students rehearsing somewhere at the park, and a theatre improvisation session at a club.
Building on all the insights we have found, the service needs to respond the following design principles:
• Fast in opposition to higher complexity. Introducing a system of filtering information to get less options which are more specific.
• Unique experiences in opposition to commercial
• Local experiences in opposition to touristic
• Dynamic guide info in opposition to directory guide
• Constantly updated in opposition to “static”
• Momentary emotions in opposition to usual preferences
Functional: Accessible. Fast. Easy. On the go!
Emotional: “I am fun, free and spontaneous!” → Escape and enjoyment
Social: I am part of the community and I am contributing to its growth. I am also in the know of the happenings around the city.